Coronavirus (COVID-19) Preparedness Information Learn More
CPMC Hospital Transformation Program
March 3, 2021
The Hospital Transformation Program (HTP) is a value-based program for hospitals caring for Medicaid clients. The HTP requests that hospitals in the state of Colorado focus on the following primary goals:
- Improve patient outcomes through care redesign and integration of care across settings;
- Improve the patient experience in the delivery system by ensuring appropriate care in appropriate settings;
- Lower Health First Colorado (Colorado’s Medicaid program) costs through reductions in avoidable hospital utilization and increased effectiveness and efficiency in care delivery;
- Accelerate hospitals’ organizational, operational, and systems readiness for value-
based payment; and
- Increase collaboration between hospitals and other providers, particularly Accountable Care Collaborative (ACC) participants, in data sharing and analytics and evidence-based care coordination and care transitions, integrated physical and behavioral care delivery, chronic care management, and community-based population health and disparities reduction efforts.
The HTP will be an effort by the state to unambiguously affirm that the shift toward total medical expense delivery models, population health, and other alternative payment methodologies will be the future of reimbursement.
Source: Colorado Hospital Transformation Program at https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/hcpf/colorado-hospital-transformation-program
For more information or feedback regarding Colorado Plains Medical Center's Hospital Transformation Program application, please contact Brenda Shelton at firstname.lastname@example.org.