WELLNESS ROCKS IN 2019!
Attend this year's community health fair
The old adage, "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure", has never been more important. In recent history, several notable changes are starting to surface. Many employers are no longer offering health insurance as an employee benefit. Levels of coverage have been reduced. Preventive medicine is the cornerstone of a health care system that focuses on preventing an illness from occurring rather than treating it after the fact. We can all play a role in this move to preventive medicine that ultimately can lead to decreased morbidity and mortality for everyone. One of the best ways to get started is by attending the local community health fair presented by Colorado Plains Medical Center.
At the fair, you can take advantage of several low cost or free health and fitness screenings; discover information on a variety of health, fitness, and benefit topics; and leverage community resources that can help you meet your wellness needs.
Saturday, February 9
7:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
Fort Morgan High School
Free admission and the first 300 attendees receive a free shopping tote bag!
Here are some of the screenings and information available at this year's health fair
- Comprehensive metabolic profiles & lipid panels for $35
- PSA screenings for men for $25
- TSH (thyroid) screenings for $25
- Hearing screenings
- Oral screenings
- Bone density screenings
- Blood pressure checks
- Pulse oxygen level screenings
- Range of motion, reflex, and balance screenings
- Massage benefit information and demonstrations
- Body fat and muscle composition readings
- Ask a pharmacist
- Advance directive information
- Healthy heart information
- Safe food handling information
- Car seat safety checks
- Mental health resources and information
- Cancer information & screenings
- Healthy cooking demonstrations (tentatively scheduled at 8:30 a.m. and 9:30 a.m.)
- Canned Food Drive - Please bring canned food drive donations to the health fair. CPMC employees will distribute collected items to various agencies in the Morgan County area.
- AND MUCH MORE!
(Some offerings subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances)
Blood Draw Information
To better serve you, we offer early blood draw services the week of the health fair!
Health Fair participants can come to Colorado Plains Medical Center February 4 - 8, 2019, between the hours of 6:00 a.m. and 8:00 a.m. and we will draw your blood. You will receive your results at the health fair on February 9. No appointment is necessary. Blood draws are also available the day of the health fair.
Twelve hour fasting before the blood draw is required, except for those with diabetes. Water is permissible and encouraged. No other drinks permitted. Those with diabetes should not fast.
Cost for the Comprehensive Metabolic Profile is $35 and includes: Cholesterol, Triglycerides, HDL, LDL, Coronary Risk Ratio, Calcium, Alkaline, Phosphatase, Glucose, ALT, AST, Bilirubin, BUN, Creatinine, Albumin, Sodium, Potassium, Chloride. TSH (Thyroid) is an additional $25.
Prostate Specific Antigen (PSA) screening is recommended for certain classes of men. We strongly encourage that you ask your family medicine provider prior to the health fair if you would benefit from this screening since guidelines have changed. Current guidelines are available from the American Urologic Association and the U.S. Preventative Services Task Force as well. Cost for the PSA screening is $25.
If you are unable to attend the Health Fair on February 9, we will mail your results to the address that you provide.
Payment is due at the time of the blood draw. We accept credit card, cash, and check. We are unable to bill your insurance company, but will gladly provide you a receipt for your records.
In able to serve all of our patients in a timely manner, we discourage other blood screenings through the Direct Access program during the health fair draw times. Additional time and paperwork are required for these services, and an individual will need to complete the hospital registration process prior to having blood work performed.
Thank you to our sponsors!
GOLD LEVEL SPONSORS
- B106 Radio
- Eben Ezer Lutheran Care Center
- Steiner Sils LLC
- Colorado Plains Physician Practices
- UC Health
- Valley View Villa
- Northeast Colorado Health Department
SILVER LEVEL SPONSORS
- Platte Valley Hearing Center
- Centennial Mental Health
BRONZE LEVEL SPONSORS
- FMS Bank
- Wes Cable, Financial Advisor, Edward Jones
- Fort Morgan Orthodontic Center - Dr. Albert Eng
- Hertneky Vision Source
Further questions regarding the health fair may be directed to 970-542-3346.
- About Us
- Admissions Information
- Caring Bridge
- Charity Care Policy
- Classes & Events
- Community Benefit Report
- Community Newsletter
- Contact Us
- Duke LifePoint Quality Affiliate
- Gift Shop
- Friends of Colorado Plains Medical Center
- Medical Records
- Mission, Vision and High Five
- Newsletter Signup
- Non-Discrimination Notice
- Online Bill Pay
- Privacy Practice
- Privacy Practice - Spanish
- Release of Information
- Sponsorship Request
- Visitor Information
- Patient and Family Advisory Council
- End of Life Options Act
- Understanding Billing and Charges
- 2019 Community Health Fair